Do you want a last-minute snack that will blow everyone away? Read the recipe!
We have prepared two tasty recipes especially for the cucumber season. One infused cucumber and one pickled. The infused cucumber is this summer's ultimate edible cocktail. But what exactly is infusing?
Infusion is the infusion of different tastes into liquids and solid products. This is done so that the flavours fuse. Thanks to vacuum, this can be achieved within a considerable time. In this way, we create not only a delicious cucumber but also a tasty cocktail.
Do you prefer alcohol-free?
Then we have a delicious pickled cucumber. Pickling is basically the same, only you go for a more acidic combination.
Vegetables infused within 30 minutes!
Infused vegetables can be enjoyed endlessly and in all combinations. They give freshness, a boost to your sandwich or salad. In addition, the little extra alcoholic kick is always a success at barbecues and parties. Experiment with flavours and ingredients, and use your leftovers if you like. Think for example of: tomato, gherkin but also delicious with fruit.
Getting started with infusion
Infusing fruit and vegetables is not difficult and can easily be done yourself. By using a clever technique with vacuum, you are ready within half an hour instead of hours or days.
For ± 500 ml jar
- 300 ml vodka
- 1 cucumber or leftovers
- Nanostopper set for Pots
- Make sure you have a nice glass jar. For example, an old jar for jam or pasta sauce and clean it. Punch the jar with the Lid Punch.
- Fill the pot with the vegetables you want to infuse.
- Fill the pot with vodka until the cucumber is submerged.
- Place the Nanostopper in the hole of the jar's lid and vacuum the jar with the vacuum pump.
- Place the pot in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving and enjoy! (Of course, infusing longer is not a problem and will only enhance the flavour).
- Don't forget that the cucumber is the snack, but the vodka also has an amazing taste!
If you prefer an alcohol-free recipe, we have a pickled version below.
Getting started with brining yourself
Pickling vegetables, also known as pickling, is not difficult and can easily be done yourself. Normally, this takes days or even weeks, but thanks to the vacuum, you can be done within an hour.
For ± 500 ml
- 300 ml vinegar
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 cucumber
- 1 / ½ pepper (if you like spicy)
- 2 tbsp spices or herbs of your choice (mustard seed, black pepper, sechuan pepper, cayenne pepper, dill, coriander, rosemary, ginger etc.)
- Sterilised jars with lids (important for long-term storage)
- Nanostopper set for Pots
- Dissolve the sugar and salt in the vinegar. Dilute with 50-100 ml water. Taste if you like the mixture, if necessary add more water or sugar to taste.
- Fill the pots with the vegetables you want to put in, the pepper and spices or herbs of your choice. Pour the mixture from step 1 over it and make sure the vegetables are well soaked.
- Turn the lid on the jar and vacuum it. Place the jar in the refrigerator.
- After 30 minutes you can already enjoy your pickled vegetables, but the longer the more intense the taste.
As you can see, you can do anything with the infusion and pickling of vegetables but also fruits. There are many different combinations possible. Because you work with vacuum, you can add something extra to your dishes last minute. No more planning ahead for days, but enjoy immediately!
Try infused fruit, make a delicious quick sangria or put vegetables in.
We are curious what your favorite recipe is with the nanostopper. Let us know in the reactions!